Monday, January 04, 2010

Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do!

I am a recovering over-thinker.

If you are like me (or Adam and Eve) then you hunger for knowledge. Over-thinkers like us want to figure it all out. We might admit that we can't know everything...but we're not going to stop until we've absorbed as much as our minds can handle.

To learn is a good thing.
To covet all knowledge is not.

I suppose it's really an issue of motivation-- why do you want to know so much?
Do you want to know God more because you are captivated by Him?
Or for some other reason?

My thoughts, my research, my concerns, my doubts
can burden me like nothing else.

Sometimes my thoughts are so heavy that I am even demotivated to pray or to sing, because I'm too busy dissecting words and lyrics.

People sometimes tell me that I should write or preach, and all I can think is,
"I'm just...so...tired. I don't want to process it all anymore. There is too much to say and to write, I'll burn out. Just let me keep reading."

Well, time to get over it, Miss Livi!

Time to rise up in holy energy and find joy in the journey.

We should never turn off our brains,
HOWEVER, we also should NEVER let knowledge become our IDOL.

Time to worship God!


So now I'm singing singing singing all the time!

My former Corps Officer said:
In a basketball game, the way to destroy the opposition is not to hit the players.
The way to destroy the opposition is to get the ball in the basket.
We could spend our efforts trying to beat up the devil,
or we could worship. Worshipping is getting the ball in the basket.

Tired of sin? Tired of injustice? Tired of depression?
Don't just fight it,
WORSHIP GOD!

Thanks for reading my process.

2 comments:

Alberta Rockstar said...

im rejoicing your return back to blogging world tho i didnt make the connection when i read it on FB, tho still cool, n cool thoughts! i have started blogging again too! loooove you!

Janet said...

I'm singing too. With Sara (You Cannot Lose My Love) and Vicky (Great Is Your Glory). It helps. It is helping.