Friday, March 05, 2010

all things are possible



faith faith faith faith faith faith faith faith faith


that is what I have been learning about.

  • faith that Jesus' death and resurrection was enough to save me. That is one lesson that took me a few years to honestly receive. But when I realized that faith is a risk, and that it defies even logic, I took the leap. And now I'll never go back. :-)
  • faith that God forgives me. This is connected to the above point, but it is another aspect of "salvation." I have been learning to come before GOD with confidence, and not shame. We ought to fear God, as He is perfectly holy and powerful beyond our imaginations. However, He really does forgive, if we ask. No more need to be timid.
  • faith that the Holy Spirit has transformed me. Wow. I thought that I "got" this lesson 4 years ago, but it's strength is hitting harder than ever. Not only have I been saved from hell, and forgiven by God-- I am also a NEW PERSON. I am not the same Olivia who did all those things that I now hate. He has purified me, and re-created me.
  • faith for the transformation of the world. I am being convicted by my lack of faith for others. I pray for my friends to be healed, to be free, to be made whole-- but sometimes I doubt that it is really possible. They seem to far gone. This is not only for individual friends, but also for institutions and churches and cities. God can do anything. The same power that raised Christ from the dead is at work in me, and I now have faith that He can change ANYONE. An addict, an abuse-victim, a hypocrite-- anyone.
  • faith for the future. I have no need to worry about my life. If I die young, if I get married, if I move overseas, if I have quintuplets, if I get a disease, if I become wealthy, if nothing exciting happens at all-- I know that God holds my future. Everything is within His hands, and I have faith that He's got it covered.
"I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."
Matthew 17:20

No comments: