Friday, October 13, 2006

6 of one, half a dozen of another

this is simply a P.S. to my most recent post below--

open air today: today no one was saved (that i have heard of yet), however, there were several massive victories--
  • one man who believes but doesn't have any community was invited to Re:cre8 (our coffee house) and plugged into a cell, and he was stoked about it.
  • we had about a dozen eggs thrown at us. strange, but i was beaming after this happened: Jesus said that the world would hate His disciples...sometimes i worry because so many people like me/614/the Salvation Army/the Church. so i thought that the eggs were a good sign that we were doing something right.
  • a few strangers chased down the guy who threw the eggs, and one other young guy cleaned up the eggs and brought us paper towels-- i previously thought that these people were irritated by our presence, but this showed that they at least care about us. for me it was a glimpse of the light in darkness.
  • i had a long, reality (spirit)-focused chat with a young girl-- probably around 17. not many of them around my neighborhood, so i was glad to make that connection.
  • those giving the gospel shots were right on-- power packed. the music was bold and clear, despite my lacking in the leadership department. we also included visual art in the open air meeting for the first time.
  • one War College warrior was cussed out her first time on the green crate (our version of a soap box) today, but came up a second time and broke it down hardcore.
i'm sure there's more victory that i'm unaware of.
anyway, praise the Lord for a willowy bit of insubstantial persecution. in my struggle against sin (my own sin and the worlds) i have not yet resisted to the point of shedding blood-- so i'm not even close to Jesus' standard. yet He considers me a co-laborer. hm.

have you been hated for Christ? have you shed blood? are you in the 70% of the Christian population that is under persecution? tell me if you are, and what country you live in, and let me know if it is wrong for me to pray for persecution in my life.

though i'd love to be martyred for Christ (front row seats in heaven [Rev 6:9], and solidarity with Christ), i don't feel that now is the time: there is too much to be done, and i want to help.
however-- to be beaten, thrown in jail, slandered, mocked, tortured-- that i would love right now! i want to share in His sufferings and His glory (Rom. 8:18) and "I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death" (Philippians 3:10).

anyway, i didn't mean to pour all that out, i mostly want to rejoice about open air today.
and ask your opinion about persecution.
email me if you have lots to say: olivia.munn@gmail.com

egg in your hair? never mind, go on.

14 comments:

Victory of the People said...

another vote in...this one goes to the solution.

Anonymous said...

Hardcore. I love it!

Unknown said...

White haired saints can have red hot hearts that only grow brighter over time, and we can steal more souls from the Devil along the way. Paul said it best - to live is Christ, to die is gain - It's a win-win life!

Alberta Rockstar said...

WHoa! thats cool! welp seeing the light of things! and so i think its cool that u r all focused even if icky eggs get trhrown at u! grosser then mini oreos! (not that the oreos was a sign of persecution just funnyness but i bring them up cuz they were being thrown too) i love you!!

Eleanor Burne-Jones said...

:0) The greatest suffering can come in surviving the church! But every moment we give for him we give of our lives, and every moment of passion we feel to serve him better is our life's blood shed. It is not for nothing.

Be greatly blessed!
Eleanor Burne-Jones TSSF Novice, Penzance Corps, Cornwall.

Anonymous said...

This is awesome. :-)
I love your contagious Holy passion for souls.
It's infectious.
You are a blessing to me.
I'm psyched that you are fighting along side us here!
Great Grace to you.
Danielle

Anonymous said...

Regarding praying specifically for persecution -- I don't see that explicit in Scripture so much as an inevitable byproduct of true Christ-centered living. A by-product to be rejoiced in but not the point. I say pray rather to love Him more and more. The overflow of the that will bring the rest -- fruit in every way.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Warrior Bride!

FULLNESS

Mom

Anonymous said...

Much of the persecution in the Bible is a result of living life to the fullest for Christ and God. By not backing down in the face of the world, the saints before us were persecuted. Sometimes, that persecution brought people to repentance (like in Daniel and the Lion's den), but it always brought a closness with God for those who were persecuted. Continue to stand in the face of the world, and know that there are people around the world praying for your ministry. God bless.
JPHansen

Anonymous said...

Olivia,
I agree with jphansen and the anonymous person who said something similar. Per that discussion we had after watching End of the Spear, though, I understand what you're thinking. You delight in suffering. (Dan Tailor's prophecy...) I was wondering: Did you get my latest email? Use your spear well.

Victory of the People said...

happy birthday

(if email, phone and blog isnt enough!) lol

Christopher Hinzman said...

That's awesome!! And I completely agree about wanting to suffer for Christ!

I've been blessed..and set ablaze!

Unknown said...

Hey Olivia, egg is good for your hair, and in this case, good for your soul as well!!

Can you e-mail me at jferguso@surgery.bsd.uchicago.edu, thanks!!

jeannie (from Infyuz:-)

YOU DONT KNOW MEEEeeee said...

i want freakin eggs thrown at me! next time you see me, will you throw an egg at me? make sure im preaching first...and i hope i am, because i want to always be preaching...you know?