Saturday, October 07, 2006

Vision: the blog, the book, the breaking news

welcome.
here begins my life as a citizen of blogosphere.
i'm hoping to fill this space with anecdotes of my adventures in the ghetto with Jesus. there are many to tell, i'm sure of it, and i look forward to having a little fun, maybe getting a bit deep here and there.

breaking news: captain, my captain Court and myself have officially begun the process of co-writing a book. the creative juices are flowing. the theme is holiness, the target audience is youth, and the framework is "the Vision" by Pete Greig.
you can check it out at: http://www.fpco.org/print/580.asp

chapter themes looking to be-- social justice/the fat spirit, integrity/motive, love, humility, covenant, fasted lifestyle, intimacy with Jesus, and Holy Spirit power.

we're still looking to decide on a title for this undertaking.
we've narrowed it down to:
Eyesore: holiness that hurts the eyes
Sound of the Underground
The Solution (as in "holiness is the solution to every problem")
and Losers, Weirdoes, and Freaks

many of these are allusions to the Vision itself--
so, you should read it first, and then you should comment on this blog and let me know your vote. any opinion?

fight on.

19 comments:

I Believe We Shall Win said...

Olivia Munn is blogging?


YEESSS!!!

Are you seriously writing a book with Steven Court?

Andrew said...

Sweeto Olivia!

The Holiness that hurts the eyes title sounds great!

Welcome to the world of blog!

Miss you sister. Especially the days of RTB.

Grace,
Andrew

Anonymous said...

Hey! Welcome to the online community!!!!

Kathleen Pearce said...

yo olivia :)
blessing to read your blog.

"Holiness that Hurts the eyes"

I'd read that.

Bless ya.

Kapten Clark said...

What about THE FINAL SOLUTION?

KiR said...

My vote is definately "Sounds of the Underground". So PoMo, I love it

You want something fresh and kids who are not necessarily all for holiness may be intrigued and then read and be inspired. Yeah?

Weigh it.

Mary Ann Parks said...

"Losers, Weirdos and Freaks" gets my vote. Olivia, I'd be surprised if you know me, but I am soooo excited about this book you're writing!

Check out my blog when you get a chance... http://maryannparks.wordpress.com - I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Looking forward to reading more from you!

ILoveRomans12 said...

Good luck with your book.
I have a few good titles but they are copy laws that wont alow me to dispose them. Good luck.

A to the l

Anonymous said...

I vote for "That Holy Thing."

Dad

Anonymous said...

I vote sound of the under ground!

sounds like a great idea.. this whole bookwriting thing!

I LOVE you! and glad you will be writing some diddys i can see whats up with u and thats cool!

Victory of the People said...

wow...10 comments (11 after i post) allready

munn you are on fire!

Denise said...

oh man! 11 comments...thats stinkin' amazing!
My vote is that you stay away from the PoMo stuff - only reaches a select few, imo!(sorry,Kir!)

Miss Munn, tonight, I had the time of my life...and I owe it all to YOU!
teehee!

Anonymous said...

My vote's for "Losers, Weirdoes, and Freaks", because I know so many of them, and I am proud to be one of them.

Personal Reflections said...

Hm. Sounds of the Underground. Vive la revolution a la Bohemian rhapsody! I know I'd read it

Unknown said...

Holiness that hurts the eyes is my vote - but then, this is from one of the older saints who pray for the vision to be alive in your generation. Write for them - we will cover you in prayer and buy one copy whatever the title!

jsi said...

Hi my name is Jessie, and I treasure your choice of Holiness That Hurts the Eyes. Praying for your ministry and this creative effort: it sounds so exciting! Enjoy your day!

Unknown said...

what's up with this immense amount of comments, you just started the blog, i'm lucky to get another one within the rest of this year. however, you rock the heeze

Unknown said...

I'm a huge fan of Holiness that hurts the eyes although Sound of the Underground:Holiness that hurts the eyes is growing on me...

Dave C said...

Hey Olivia,

good to see your blog and check up on a fellow NNE brat! :o)

for the book title, I'd go with either "Holiness that hurts the eyes" or "Final Solution".

Keep fighting and praying!

In His Grip,
Dave