Sunday, January 28, 2007

love is all you need...but what KIND?

Quality Time: 11
Physical Touch: 8
Words of Affirmation: 8
Acts of Service: 2
Receiving Gifts: 0

these are my results for my "love language."
apparently i give and receive love primarily through quality time.
and apparently i never give gifts, nor do i care to receive them. :o)

i wasn't at all surprised by my results. mmhmm.
this test got me right. of course. because i already knew what i like before i took it.

kind of like spiritual gifts tests.

#1. do you speak in tongues.
a.) yes
b.) no
if you checked a.-- you have the gift of tongues!

#2. have you ever healed anyone?
a.) no
b.) yes
if you checked b.-- you have the gift of healing!

so if you're really interested in knowing what your spiritual gifts are, then i recommend being involved in community where you are free to use them-- they'll come. then you can take a test to make sure you're right ;o)

and if you really want to know what your "love language" is, though i'm sure that you already know, you can take this test--
this test

until then-- spend lots of time with me. and tell me i'm wonderful and hug me. and sometimes help me out. and i'll do the same for you-- just don't be expecting any expensive gifts any time soon.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know about the gifts because I don't have any money anyways! Besides a long chat is way better than a nice pair of ballerina-esk shoes right?

jp

jsi said...

Neat test, and testing things you already now about yourself. I'm an 11,9,6,2,0. My husband was just away for 2 weeks and when he came home his gift for me was that there was no gift. How he knows me so well.
Embrace and enjoy your day!

Andrew Bale said...

My score was

Quality Time: 10
Physical Touch: 8
Words of Affirmation:6
Acts of Service: 5
Receiving Gifts: 1

I will have to get my wife to do the test when she comes in :-)

Rob said...

Don't know if this is entirely accurate...I'm not really into the love languages thing...Go Joe West!

Quality Time: 10
Words of Affirmation: 9
Acts of Service: 6
Receiving Gifts: 3
Physical Touch: 2

olivia. said...

i fully agree about the pointlessness of these tests.
i think maybe that there are endless options of love languages, not just 5.
for example, i think that i receive love through correction.
any others?

Denise said...

I was wondering if I'd see the correction language when I looked at your comments.
I did the little test, I won't be posting what it said cause in the long run it doesn't really matter much.
I love you. And some day when I'm ever talking to Joe I hope you're around because I would love to talk to you too! =)

Karyn Baker said...

Olivia - your last paragraph was awesome - made me smile. My "gifts" result was 0, too, so no worries - you'll not likely get any gifts from me!

I agree that there are more than 5 love languages. I know that one huge way I receive love is when people want to know me (and then DO know me really well and remember things I've told them). I don't think that one boils down to any of the others.

Though I must say I have enjoyed having this little test floating around the blog circle, because I'm hearing my friends tell me what ways they most receive love. That's good information to have, and sometimes hard to just pick up.

Gotta love the communication.....
:)
Bakes

Anonymous said...

Liv, why didn't you tell me? Here I am, giving gifts...when all along, you wanted hugs and words!!! Well, I think the words part we've got down...we always were a little "Gilmore"....but the "hugs" part...baby, watch out!

Lol. xxxxxx xxxxxx
xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxx
xx


Here's the problem:
If x=h and h=l what is "h" and "l"?

You always were good at math, but just in case...

"ILOVEYA OLIVIA."

:)

Anonymous said...

Liv, why didn't you tell me? Here I was giving gifts when all along you wanted hugs and words! I mean, the words part I think we covered...we always were a little "Gilmore"...lol. But the "hugs" part...I failed big time. I'm will catch up though, it's done.

Lol.
xxxxx xxxxx
xxxxxxx xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxx
xxxxx
xxx
x

Hmm. You always were good at math, so if x=h and h=l what does the upper diagram say?

Give up?

"ILOVYA OLIVIA."

Hmm. Please forgive my lack of it.
:)

Anonymous said...

P.S. The picture above was a WHOLE heart...but it didn't seem to show it. Just so you know...

LOL.

Anonymous said...

P.S. And, sorry to do this again, but looks like you have an extra message from me...yeah, I'm not good with computers...I thought it completely deleted the first one...so then I started all over again...working on that "heart" that's now half a heart...lol...so, please feel free to delete it, it looks like I'm a stalker...lol.