Saturday, November 11, 2006

Lord, I don't know-- how could I ever leave You?
You've always been there for me
You've always been good to me
You've always been faithful...
and I could never leave You.

Lord, I don't know-- why would I ever leave You?
You've never hurt me
You've never abandoned me
You'll never leave me...
and I should never leave You.

But I've walked away,
I've run away
I've spun around, turned my back, and walked away.
I've walked away,
I've run away
Lord, won't You come and take me back again today?

Draw me back to Your side
Make me Your faithful bride
help me to walk in white
make me Your faithful bride.

and then I hear You tenderly say,

'Come back, Love, to My side
I call you My faithful bride
you look so ravishing in white
My faithful warrior bride

'My Love, do you know-- I could never leave you?
I'm so glad you came home to Me
even though you hurt Me
even though you abandoned Me
I could never leave you.

'My Love, do you know-- I will never leave you?
I have always been here for you
I will always be good to you
I will always be faithful...
and I will never leave you.
I covenant myself with you.'

1 comment:

Joel said...

i feel as though you would enjoy derek webb. check him out, you can download his most recent Cd for free at freederekwebb.com he's giving his music away because a lot of it is about social justice and he wants to get the word out

cheers and blessings liv
Joel