Wednesday, March 12, 2014

done

It's so important to be okay with yourself.

Today I spent most of my day in meetings, answering emails, and organizing files.
By dinnertime I was irritable, tired, and my back hurt.

If I had spent the day dancing, preaching, and singing...
by dinnertime I would be exuberant, tired, and my back might still hurt.

The Holy Spirit is the One who gave me the desire and the ability to dance, preach, and sing.
The Holy Spirit is also the One who told me that I should become a Salvation Army officer.

Salvation Army officers dance, preach, and sing.
And sit in meetings, answer emails, and organize files.

Do you ever just FEEL like you should only spend all your time doing only what fulfills you?
You know life doesn't work like that, but maybe wonder if it should.

My mother used to ask me: 1) what drains you? 2) what fills you?
Easy! 1) administration, 2) creativity

Some days a calling isn't about personal fulfillment, but about the bigger picture.
Most days I am just unbelievably thankful that God has led me to a vocation that so perfectly aligns with my passions. Today is not my experience most days, but it did make me think.

My calling is to worship Jesus.
Today my worship was in my obedience to the place He has called me to be.

But I doubt I'm ever going to enjoy filing.

No comments: