Friday, March 07, 2014

the dignity of skin

Humans are so beautiful!

I love that there is a Human in heaven who is advocating for me.

I love that on the throne there is a Man, in the center of the universe, being worshiped forever.

I love that all of humanity was rescued by this one Human.

He dignified Humanity by condescending to become a part of it.

If flesh and bones are honorable enough for Jesus to live in, then they are highly honored - beautiful temples for a beautiful God.

Muscles and blood and hair and skin and sweat and emotions and hormones and sleep and toes...
Jesus had them.
He therefore brought holiness incarnate into each of those places,
like the breath entering the dust in Eden.

My humanity is not longer an excuse for sin. My body is not an unholy burden, but a home for the Living God, to be cared for and fully mobilized.

The dust is now glorious dust.




Breathe on me, Breath of God,
Till I am wholly Thine,
Until this earthly part of me
Glows with Thy fire divine.

No comments: