Saturday, March 15, 2014

Open Chapel Doors

Today the beautiful Salvationists from 14th street went outside to offer prayer to anyone who wanted it. Ages 13 - 75, we gathered together and made a plan:

1) loud music blasting from the open chapel doors
2) a table covered with Bibles, War Crys, pamphlets, pens, and paper
3) 4 large signs: 2 said, "Can we pray 4 u?!" and 2 said, "FREE PRAYER"


While still taping the signs up, a young man named Charlie approaches us and asks, "how long does the prayer take?"
As long as you need it to.
He told us that he didn't know how to pray, but he did say that he thinks his request shouldn't be materialistic. So he asked us to pray for the missing airplane.
I think he's starting prayer from the right place.

Then I met Rain. Rain just came from a job interview, having been out of work for 8 months.
"I need to know God cares about me - not just someone telling me that He does. I need to see it."
Yeah.

Antonio walked up to me in silence, waiting to be invited to speak.
He asked us to pray for his friend's health.
We did.

4 anointed women walked past, on their way to a Heidi Baker event down the block.  They turned the tables on us, of course, and prayed for us.
Words from God.

Carmen and Pilar from Argentina.
They only wanted us to pray for their families in Argentina.
Absolutely.

Nameless passerby told us NOT to pray for Republicans or Putin, because they are causing most of the world's problems. 
Lol.

Jose couldn't speak English, but he wrote his name on a piece of paper for me.
God knows the rest of Jose's story!

Wayne could barely express his request, because it was so heartfelt that I think it physically pained him to speak it out loud.  His mother, Silvia, is suffering from Alzheimer's. My heart burned with him.
Believing with Wayne.

Then I saw Lieutenant Maria Larsen from Denmark, and her father, Ans.
!

The rest of the stories you will have to ask the other evangelists about.
1 hour and done.

It's amazing what can happen beyond open chapel doors.

No comments: